How Do You Find the Right Vein Doctor?
Treating varicose veins can be very difficult and every individual is different. You need to find a doctor that has had training and experience in treating all of your veins not, just ablating the larger veins. Choosing the right doctor will ensure that your condition is properly diagnosed and treated. You need to find a doctor that can effectively and safely treat your saphenous veins, perform phlebectomy, ultrasound guided sclerotherapy and sclerotherapy.
- Do your diligent research. Spend time online and get educated.
- Research the doctors background and find out what they were trained in. Anyone can do veins but, you want someone qualified.
- Is your doctor board certified? Being board certified means that the doctor stays up to date on the latest advancements.
- Ask your primary doctor who they would recommend?
- Ask medical professionals in your own community? I would phrase the question – “If your mom had varicose veins, who would you recommend?”
- Ask your friends and neighbors.
- Look at reviews online
- Does your doctor do their own ultrasound?
- Make sure your doctor is kind to you. You need to feel comfortable with your doctor. The doctor should be able to tell you what is wrong at your consultation and be able to answer all of your questions.
- The staff should work with your insurance company to get you authorized for any procedures needed.
- Get a second opinion. You will be surprised at the difference in opinions.
- Finally, trust your gut!
Feel free to email me and I may be able to recommend someone I know in your area!
Please share suggestions too!